So what is it that makes IGGY a brilliant network for gifted students? Being in a community of people to explore, debate and challenge each other provides both a confidence boost and a spur to further learning.
IGGY also provides challenges that gifted students might not find in traditional education, giving our members the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and abilities. IGGY features regular challenges and projects that students can work through (alone or as a team) to develop their skills. IGGY’s international membership gives students the opportunity to work closely with gifted students around the world.
Another advantage of the IGGY experience is the support of top academics and businesses. We have a close partnership with the University of Warwick, and IGGY’s content team work closely with Warwick and other academics to produce a range of high quality content and challenges. IGGY is also working with companies such as IBM and Severn Trent Water on content projects that give students a taste of real world issues and solutions.
Here’s a glimpse of what IGGY can provide:
- A wide range of interactive content, supporting and going beyond the curriculum
- Stretching content in Maths, Creative Writing, Science and many other subjects
- Tasks and challenges designed to engage gifted students
- Debates on topical, academic and ethical issues
- A support network that includes University of Warwick academics and student mentors
- A global community with members across the world
- Resources designed to lead to deeper, independent exploration
- Events, conferences and gatherings for members across the world
- Support and advice for gifted students and university applicants
- The tools to help our members become well rounded, aspirational and globally aware individuals
- A little prestige!
See our Learning with IGGY FAQs for more information.